I decided to return to 3DGPU, and not only return as an editor, but redesign the site from the ground up using just Notepad. Here are the technical details of the new redesign:
- Now complies to XHTML 1.0 Strict as much as possible (a few old articles may break validation.)
- Extensive CSS styling, complete with IE hacks in the “ihateiehacks.css” file.
- Tableless layout, where tables are only used for tabular data (mostly in articles for comparison purposes)
- The site uses WordPress for the backend to post news and articles
- Accessibilty is something I’ll be focusing on in the near future
- Fast load times, due to CSS being cached, and minimal use of graphics
- Works in all modern browsers properly
- Site benefits from web standard compliant browsers, which means all modern ones except Internet Explorer
That’s all I can think of for now, but I’m extremely proud of how the redesign of 3DGPU turned out.